Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Windows Server 2008 Problems: recvfrom returns 10052; Everyone gets kicked out
Topic Started: Jul 26 2012, 09:45 PM (4,938 Views)
an_Asshole

Started after updating to beta for stats on halo rank....

will be playing along fine and everyone gets kicked out and the console shows error - "recvfrom failed with code 10052"

When this happens the entire console window stops scrolling... it freezes at the error line and does not continue to update showing the normal "dedicated server is running on map xxx (0x16 players)" etc etc.

This is Halo PC

sv_version - 12.8.0

Server platform is my own hosted server running Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 and all applicable updates.

I can still issue commands at the console so it isn't an actual crash I don't guess.... If I execute sv_map and begin the mapcycle again it resumes normal operation and people can join in again but not until then.

Not sure if it is relevant or not but prior to moving to the beta version on 11.9.1 it would periodically lock up as well. No errors, screen still scrolled the usual messages of dedicated server ...etc .etc but server would not show up in the public list, could not join via direct IP... it was like it stopped listening entirely. Executing sv_map from that state would not kick off normal operation and the haloded.exe process had to be killed off then restarted.

If this should go over to the bugs forum let me know and I will move it since there doesn't seem to be an actual crash of the server process itself it may not really belong here.

Thanks,
Ass
Edited by admin, Jul 27 2012, 02:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

admin
Administrator
Since this completely halts the server it can be considered identical to a crash.

When looking into the error message I have found a potential cause. If my findings are correct this bug (the server no longer showing "dedicated server is running on..." and halting on its own) should also occur on the original halo server, and the bug would mainly occur on Windows 2008. So do you know if this also happens on the original server on your Windows 2008 installation?

A quick google search leads me to believe it also happens on the original server. If you can confirm this I can implement a fix in Gandanur.
Edited by admin, Jul 27 2012, 12:06 AM.

an_Asshole

It did not happen with this error prior to using the beta... on the original server it would continue to respond with the scrolling dedicated server messages but would not show up in the server public server listings and would not allow anyone to join

That being said I never ran the server without Gandanur... the previous issue with it dying out and not allowing connections was with Gandanur version 11.9.1

This particular error did not appear until updating to the 12.8 beta for stats upload to halorank.

admin
Administrator
Renamed the title since this is likely related to Windows 2008. Previously people also had problems running a halo server on Windows 2008 (even without Gandanur installed).

In the next beta version (NOT the one you have now) you get you wil be able to execute the command "sv_blockicmp true". Put this command in your init.txt file before starting a map and see if the problems disappears.

The version you have now also includes the sv_blockicmp command but it won't do much as of yet. Wait for the next beta release.

an_Asshole

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Java
Member Avatar

I will take a look into this, ran into this issue on the 11.9.1 as well back in the day. Ran fine alone oddly without Gandanur on my 2008 install.

Thinking it was dealing with some weird dll issue on 2008, have to look at all the debug info again.

an_Asshole

Well so far so good... since updating to latest beta and activating the sv_blockicmp in the init file there have been no further crashes.

thanks for all your work!

an_Asshole

well...... no more crashes but I have had a few report getting kicked out saying the game closed down.

They were able to get right back in but it's happened a few times today so far.

I do have sv_blockicmp set to true also.

sv_version:

Version of executable: halo pc 01.00.09.0620 Aug 22 2009 11:19:03
Running version: 01.00.09.0620
Using Gandanur 12.8.0 (changeset 0063ef1d78d5)

sv_os:

Major: 6, Minor: 1, BuildNum: 7601, PlatformId: 2, CSDVersion: Service Pack 1, SPMajor: 1, SPMi
nor: 0, SuiteMask: 272, ProductType: 3, Wow64: 1

sir_undertow
Member Avatar

i get this same error using windows 2012 datacenter ed x64bit

the halo servers are using 32bit
i downgraded to 11.9, this will not give error the halo server will stop working but still have the dos window up

i just installed windows server 2003 ent x64bit
using this os i have no problems

an_Asshole

I have not had any further issues after my last posting.

I think the issue was just the users had a bad connections and related that to "getting kicked out".

I have not any issues with this latest beta build of 12.8.0. The overall responsiveness of the server and uptime has improved drastically. Previously it would only run for a few days before the console being up and responsive but the game not showing up in the list and not being joinable. I have not had that issue for a while now and the only performance issues I have had I believe are just typical windows server related issues, a reboot of the server takes of most things and I am also using a cheaper, low-end business type router that I also have to reboot from time to time as well.

Did you have the blockicmp setting turned on when attempting it on the newer x64 platform? That setting made all the difference for me

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Report Crashes · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: